Our Co-Ed Rec Basketball program is a great introduction to the sport! No matter your child’s skill level they are sure to have a fun time in this low-pressure, skills and drills based program!
2022 REGISTRATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH (no exceptions)
- AGES/GROUPS: Grades 1-3 and 4-6
- 2022 SEASON: November 1st – December 8th (6 weeks)
- FEES: Members $34, Non Members $55
- PRACTICES: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 pm
- LOCATION: Howar Middle School – in the small/old gym
- PICTURE DAY: Tuesday November 8th at 5:30 pm (purchasing photos is optional)
- JERSEYS: $16. Our standard blue and yellow rec jersey set is required. If you have a set that fits your child already you can reuse them!
Regarding games and scrimmages: We always hope to have enough kids to be able to organize some in-house games! If so, we will create a game schedule for Saturday mornings. Either way, our coaches make time for the kids to put their skills to test with scrimmages during practice.
Regarding the deadline: Our goal is to provide the best experience possible for all involved in our sports programs (players, coaches, families, and staff). A registration deadline ensures we have adequate time to find volunteer coaches, organize rosters, and make sure we have enough jerseys/equipment. Registration for all of our sports is open for an average of 6 weeks. We feel this generous timeline gives families plenty of time to plan for their child’s participation in our sports programs. If you know ahead of time that you might have a problem registering by the deadline, please call us at 641-437-1977, so we can work out a plan.
Our registration policy: To provide quality programming we have devised the following policy. All information can be found of the Parent Information provided at registration and posted in each Band group.
- To provide the best possible experience for all involved we uphold a registration deadline. The deadline is typically one week prior to the season start date.
- We require a minimum of 5 registrants to hold a season. If there are fewer than 5 registrants by the deadline we will notify participants that the season has been canceled and a full refund will be issued.
- Due to lack of staff and resources, the RLA YMCA requires a volunteer coach. We will do our best to find a coach. However, if a volunteer has not been secured within 3 days of the season start date, the season will be canceled and refunds issued. Please consider helping if you are able!
- For children 5 and under we require parents/guardians to stay with their child at practice and be available to help them when in need; including any social/emotional needs, behavioral support, or a need to use the restroom.
2022 Grades 1-3
2022 Grades 4-6